Friday, May 6, 2011

the fascinator !

I am not sure if anyone else seemed as focused on hats from the royal wedding as I was ..
I love hats
my mom loved hats
and I have hats all over ..I usually wear my hats just for sun protection but I love them nonetheless

but I noticed a trend for small silly useless fascinator hats ..so I made one of my own, my friend David was working on a full size felted top hat, and I used the same concept to make a mini felted bowler..
before anyone asks, no I don't intend to wear it ..it is just art for arts sake ..but it is cute! 
I hand felted using microwaved hot water and a wooden spoon, and blocked over a vase

I also worked on a pillow for my Michael..I make stuff for everyone else but never for him so I found this pretty pillow and made him one ...the top was done in noro silver thaw..so all the pretty colors are part of the yarn..the back ( that I was still working on when I took the pic.) .is purple and olive....and its pretty too..alas I forgot to take a pic of the completed pillow ....

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I like it. I think you should wear it. With a natty bow tie and waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete