Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Destination Art!

so last weekend I went with Alex and her sister Elizabeth to "destination art" it was a fun tour of six different stores with interactive projects , souvenirs and a fun drawing if you went to all 6 places ...here were the locations... It was fun to spend the day with my friends and explore shopping

1. The Bead Fetish, ...................................... 1725 L Street, Sacramento, 916-447-7979
2. Art Ellis Supply, ......................................... 2508 J Street, Sacramento, 916-448-1875
3. Gatherings, ........................................ 650 Fulton Avenue, Sacramento, 916-483-0820
4. JR Flamingo, ................................... 1139 Fulton Avenue, Sacramento,  916-481-1139
5. The Paper Garden, .......................... 2601 El Paseo Lane, Sacramento, 916-48-paper
6. Babetta's Yarn and Gifts, .. 4400 San Juan Avenue No. 20, Fair Oaks, 916-965-6043
I learned some new technique too!  a medium called angelina fibre ..you heat set individual; fibers so they become a fused non woven fabric the iridescence didn't photograph well but its very cool ..



I also did some wire crochet ...I got some very thing silver wire and was playing with scale ..I think that this would be fun when I add beads and more bling..and crocheted wire looks like more than it is up close ..fun and easy!
I also finished my Koolaid dyed shawl
Alex had done this method of dying wool in a crock pot and it worked very well....Michael helped me roll 1000 yards of this very thin yarn.and I spent almost 2 months on this .but I think the results were worth the time

that's all for this week! Thanks for reading !

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we could go to Destination Art together. That was so much fun even if the weather was not cooperating. I really enjoyed visiting all the stores, and the store owners were really friendly and welcoming. I hope they do it again, maybe in the summer. Do you suppose they already did the drawing for the gift baskets? If so, I don't think I won, bummer.

    The fusible fiber turned out really cool looking. I can't wait to see it in person. I love the wire crochet. I think adding some beads would add a little bling and make the crocheting stand out even more.

    That shawl is so pretty. The colors turned out soft but distinct. I got the original tutorial for dyeing wool yarn with Kool Aid using a crock pot from Leethal's blog. She has tons of great ideas, patterns, and tutorials. Here's a link to the tutorial on her blog.
    http://www.leethal.net/zine/?p=764

    I always enjoy reading your blog updates, James. I love having you for a friend.

    ReplyDelete