Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ATC's

my new thing is artist trading cards
basically small works of art..in trading card size

now when I first looked into this I thought "oh how simple "
but getting images to grow and thrive in the small space is more than just shrinking down artwork
as I was creating the images I was thnking of the most impact with the shortest amount of visual scan time

so if ya didnt get all that I will take out all the jargon for you
the smaller the art the less time people look at it ...

so I wanted rich layered images..
alas there is no substance to them ...
they are just pretty
no story
no deeper visual meaning







I didnt really capture all the colors right with the photos ..
the last pic is the prototype of basils business card ..
but alas after scanning ..
it got wet..
Basil said it was maurice spilling the sambucca on it ..
I got one good scan for him and the cards were printed but I saved it just to show off

I double posted today to make up for my lack of posting this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment