Thursday, June 2, 2011

the Great Cover Up

OK so Y'all have noticed the fixation with shawls, I think they are so pretty, lacy, floaty, and usable..or at least I think so...alas , I keep picking increasingly  more detailed and complicated designs., I like the challenge of learning a new pattern..and it keeps my hands busy while catching up on Desperate Housewives!

The Blue shawl above is one of my endless projects, it was pretty and fun to do , but my the last 2 inches of the project I was getting ancy to start the next project ! You can see from the slightly blurry photo above that Lilly cat was quite taken with it and decided to use it as a blankie!
I started on another shawl right after, with a pattern I saw in the book "crochet so fine" it had a flower border that I didn't like ...so I left it off..another pic where my flash washed out the beautiful color and it has a metallic sparkle behind it ..I made this one as a gift for my boss ( Lisa if you read my blog... act surprised !)
I thought I had posted the pic for Michael's pillow , but didn't see it ..this is just the top ..
I have 2 more projects in the works at the moment , another smaller pop top bag..and a vase made of paper..both of them are almost done ! ..
I started a pink mohair shawl last night also.....so many projects ..so little time!  

1 comment:

  1. Lily looks so cute. She knows quality when she sees it. That blue is very pretty, but I know what you mean about being anxious for the next project. I'm curious about the paper vase. I hope you post about it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete