Monday, June 13, 2011

Little things

My friend and walking partner Becca gave me 3 bags of assorted yarn recently,
there was a lot of acrylic
 ( and I am very fond of wool and silk)
so a lot of the yarn was shared with Jackie ( Michaels mom)
 ...however i did find this odd looking acrylic yarn ..It is the kind that used to be used for macrame ..
and I though..
Macrame plant hangers!..
My Nana used to make them when I was younger ..and I know she showed me how..
I just have to refresh my macrame skills ..
but to test out the yarn I made two little "baskets"
I love the idea of "hard "crochet ( where you crochet over other cords to  give strength)..
in this case... stiff yarn/smaller than normal hook/sturdy decorative stitch..
make up for the lack of additional cording .
The stitching over the cording is also the basis for Irish crochet


the organic nature of crochet makes the baskets a bit "wonky" but I like a bit of wonky


No comments:

Post a Comment