Monday, June 27, 2011

something old something new

My latest Project was a new concept on an old request from Becca..
Years ago ( and here she would stress  MANY YEARS)
she asked me to make some painted panels for her to quilt .
The panels themselves appeared and disappeared for years ..
I knew what I wanted to paint ..just never got around to it ..
Since She has been so close and we have been walking several time a week,
 she again URGED me to finish this projects ..so finally ....two of the four panels



Sadly I have not painted much of the last few years ..but the didn't turn out too bad ....

After making the Fasciatior hat ..
I thought I would try and make a full size version ....
Becca had given me some grey wool.......and it seemed a good fit
I was working without a pattern and trying to gauge shrink during the hand felting process.
.and the brim is too wide to be a bowler ..but it is an attractive hat!

I had enough of the grey wool left and I had a heavy shawl pattern I was wanting to try
and I was noting similar shawls of the BBC production of  "larkrise to candelford"...
it is a huge yarn eater ....using 2 1/2 skeins of the red heart wool ! ....
its almost done, I am still working on the edging ..
but all the pics came out fuzzy and I was playing with the setting on my camera ..
but I am sure you get the gist ...

This week I said goodbye to my dear friend Alex ...
who got a wonderful opportunity in AZ....
I will miss being able to have coffee and visit face to face ,
but this is a great chance for Her to pursue a goal she set for herself .
Alex is an amazing cook, and is talented in so many areas, A real artist!..
Here are Alex,Michael,Tat and I
Alex gave me an early birthday present, beautifully wrapped in wonderful paper...a Tiffany coloring book and a hand glazed tile "coaster"....
that's all the projects for this week..I hope all of you take a moment to give your Friends and family hugs and tell them how much you appreciate them, in life people may leave ..to move across states or leave forever..but do let them know, before they are gone, what they mean to you ..
cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment