Sunday, January 9, 2011

back to work

after a wonderful and busy vacation it was back to work this week...not that it was all that busy, the semester hasnt started yet..but it was a time to clean and reorganise..and i got a lot of new ideas for all sorts of projects

the newest project this week was gaining inspiration..i gathered pics from all over to add visuals to my desk..not just food..but lots of color..I think it will keep my creative self a bit more focused...I also made an Inspiration chain...I crotcheted 31 clips in a banner like chain..so I have one new image a day i can print and display..My friend Tatjana does a photo a day.. i tried ths once and it is real dedication to keep up with..

I tried new seasonings this week..Alex mad spice mixes for christmas..and i am in love with beau monde seasoning...it add a nifty level to soups..and really perks up chicken...she also made greek seasoning ( went well with greenbeans) and montreal steak seasoning ( also layered in soup)

I started a new shawl pattern,to use the koolaid dyed lace weight wool..alas i got 13 rows in and realized that the pattern needed a bit more oomph (heavier weight yarn)..I tried 4 patterns

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying the spice mixes. What's the Inspiration Chain. Can you post a picture? It sounds like it might be useful to keep ideas in sight but organized.

    ReplyDelete