Wednesday, January 19, 2011

food and fiber

Well this week didnt have anything completed ..but 3 new fun things that we did on our 4 day weekend
On Saturday
we saw Nathan and Tayla perform ( www.nathantemby.com ) this is the first time I have seen their caberet act, and it was such fun ..they had a full house and I had a great time greeting people at the door .
On Sunday
we went to SF to the Fancy Food Show where I got to meet Duff of Charm City Cakes ( and the show ace of cakes) super nice of him to take time to let me have a pic with him (and of course had to call mom right away and brag!)
The food show was fun, lots of interesting products, nibbled lots of yummy cheese ( did I add I LOVE cheese) we did a sampling of 5 different Gruyere..you never know the differences in cheese untill you try 5 of the same type in a row !
  .. tons of yummo olives...
but 5 nonstop hours of walking ( the entire moscone center) ..
and afterward Nathan cooked us a great dinner and Kathyanne hosted
( and made fresh fudge and P nut brittle )

On Monday
we went to visit Tatjana and the Family ( like Alex ..Tat and Sara Reily give me lots of insperation for projects)
On Tuesday  I started the pop top purse ...I.. a while back started collectiong pop tops ( ya know off of soda cans)  and then asked everyone to save them for me also ( and I still collecting if anyone wants to save for me !) to copy a purse I had seen in Haute Handbags Magazine..My coworker Jessica had helped me find some instructions on the internet ( and a cool pop top corset!) but I was trying various ways to assemble as single units
and a group.. but I didnt like the look of any of these


so I actually read the tutorial and figured out how to make it like this

This is going to take a while but it looks so cool and its fun to do ...
wondering what else I could assemble like this...







I worked on the Pineapple Shawl..and am at the end of the pattern ..but I really think it needs one more pattern repeat ( and I have a lot of yarn left )..it is supposed to have thick fringe but I am not fure if it adds anything to it as I think its kinda pretty as is


2 comments:

  1. Wow, so cool! My mom was actually featured in Haute Handbags magazine last year. Maybe you'll be next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I like the way the tab top purse if coming along, and that shawl is just beautiful. I really like the pineapple motif.

    ReplyDelete