Tuesday, January 25, 2011

fog and cookies

Its been a week of fog .....
I know I am crazy but I like fog,
it softens the harsh edges of the world and makes a pretty picture
but horrible to drive in and makes you want to just stay home and ..well.... bake !

I was just craving cookies ..so I did 2 new cookies this week
Mint chip cookies,
and Nutella Biscotti ..

the mint chip were no brainers..sugar cookie mix, mint extrace ..not peppermin but the mint, grated dark chocolate..and then I fussed to get just the right color...they were tasty!...

the biscotti was a result of getting some great Biscotti as a gift from Kelley and Michael..and I wanted to try ..alas I had 6 different recipies all that needed some ingredient that I didint have avalible so I just smosshed them all together and winged it ....

word to the wise ..in baking winging it is frought with peril and discovery.

well the nutellea biscotti were not bad in the long run ..
I didnt bake long enough for the first baking
( 15 min and should have baked for 20 or 25)
so when I cut for the 2nd baking
( 8 min each side)
they were still squishy in the center ..
and even then I turned off the oven and let them sit overnight..
and then accidentally baked them for another 5 min
 (dont preheat the oven the day after leaving cookies in there overnight)..
not bad tasting ..but a learning experience ...

also this week I finished the green pineapple shawl ..I will add pics as soon as I finish blocking ..I added more rows to make it longer/wider..and truly the longest I have ever continually worked on a project..

1 comment: