Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What a fun week , I love Feb!
when I was a kid my mom would always hand make valentines,
.eading to life long love of lace and glitter
..and teddy bears ..a
nd candy ...

this week we finished 3 ...yes 3 ..projects


the green pineapple shawl!




the green pineapple shawl was finally finished ...Alex had mentioned that the problem with most shawls is they don't really cover much..and really its the point of a shawl..unless you live in Sacramento and then the point is I suppose decoration...the finished version ( I am still debating if I want to add fringe or not ) is being modeled by Alex
it a very pretty silk/wool blend with a nubby texture and light weight..in a nifty earthy green "loden" it photographed much brighter in the office than it really is ( the non flash pics were blurry this time )



pineapple doily shawl

I found this nifty pattern for a shawl based from an old doily...and this very pretty sparkly mohair blend yarn that I never could find the right project ( and I got in 3 different colorways) ..2 balls made this pretty impractical shawl






the last shawl is made of super bright very fuzzy mohair I love the feel of mohair ..but golly working it is akin to pettin the kitty ..little bits of hair fly everywhere ..only pink and green hair !..and its WARM!

the moahir shawl
this week I started a new wrap/cowl ...and slippers.....

I have been trying to get more veggies in my diet lately ...so every soup/stirfry/pasts has been loaded vith veggies...I am in serious need of pulling out the cook books and seeing if vegetarian entrees will work for us at home ..alas unlike Oprah I cannot go vegan ( I love cheese way too much !)  

I

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's so intricate. I love it! I'm eating a lot more veggies too. I'm on Weight Watchers, and fruits and vegetables are zero points!

    ReplyDelete