Friday, February 4, 2011

How to Inspire

Every two weeks or so my Michael and I meet with Kelley and Michael B at Panera.
 ( Michael has a web developers group that meets at that time )

Kelley and I starting talking about yarn journals, and keeping track of ideas Kelley has a teaching journal full of things she wanted to remember about classrooms she has visited.

And I have had for years been required to keep a sketch journal and other journals for various classes, and have acquired over the year a few blank books to record those fleeting thoughts and images I want to remember later.
the problem is ....
the books are still blank!
I admit that journaling is so not my thing, requires too much dedication and focus.
( insert here I am lazy and journaling is a lot of work!)
but to my great dismay the more images, and ideas I cram into my brain
the less I am able to bring them back when I need them..
don't get me wrong they reappear ....just in mid sentence and usually off topic! ...

I get a lot of my ideas from all of my wonderfully talented friends .....And I wanted to share just how talented they are with you!

Alex
http://alexsdinnerreport.blogspot.com/
Alex has a great eye and is not only a cook, but she knits, sews, crochets and has a great ability to know movies/books/music that will fit your taste ....check out her blog if you don't already do so !

Kelley
Kelley can bake, sew,knit, paint ( let me clarify she paints rooms..but pretty sure she can do a portrait if she wanted to )..Kelly is always sharing Ideas with me from the various groups she belongs to /classes she has taken and her great collections of resources

Tat
tat can sew/bake/craft and has a great photographers eye ..and has done a few years of "photo-a-day" journaling..not only does Tat have a great love and appreciation of all things crafty and colorful..but she has passed this on to her kids ! both are very talented youngsters ..and I learn so much from the whole family!

Becca
Becca is not only a jewelry designer, but a musician, a knitter/crocheter and she sellers not only her work ..but mine too!

Cori
http://whereyouhangyourheart.com/
Cori was part of the creative office team and now has her own website! Cori is not only multi talented but she and her family are always full of such joy!

Lisa and the office crew
Lisa makes beautiful jewelry, fantastic handmade cards and she can knit but to top that she has an eye for and appreciation of nice things and is handy with creative  suggestions and advice.
My wonderful coworkers Jessica and Danielle (and Alex from above!)  are also part of the creative office staff . they offer advice and suggestion on my endless array of projects ..kudos to Jessica who is never afraid of critique both good and bad ... it is a brave soul that speaks their mind but can always take time to see where and why things are ...

My Family
My mom, Nana,Aunt Linda, Jackie ( Michael's mom) and My Michael
they have all been supportive, and recipients of my whims, crafts, visions, crazy ideas... But they have all been champions in their own right! collectively they have taught me not only all of the things I know but have inspired me to be myself at all times! CHEERS to family!

 Here are a few pics of my office ..I try to keep images and items around to inspire not only me , but the office ,our coworkers and our clients and guests
the barbie table...linen chosen by Danielle
my knick nack shelf



our inspiration a day project

3 comments:

  1. You're too sweet, I am honored to be on your list! I see that you haven't lost your decorating touch! I miss being in the office with you! You always make the work environment so fun and inspiring! PS- a blog is a great way to log your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments. When you get a house I will come and paint your rooms too. Also, I know that you hide candy in your knick nack shelf. Hugs and keep smiling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...thanks my friend :-) Although you can crochet me under the table lately, I'm glad to be considered in your crafty friend bunch. Ahem, I do have to say that I am *also* a cake decorator, and I embroider, cross stitch, sew, make and sell photography and quilt. And now I'm tired from all that work!! Mwah!! Hope to see you soon. Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete